The Tasmanian Gynaecological & Anal Neoplasia Study (TasGANS)
This study, funded by Cancer Council Tasmania and the Clifford Craig Medical Research Trust, is recruiting a cohort of 300 women living in northern and southern Tasmania who have had a diagnosis of a human papillomavirus-mediated gynaecologic cancer or high-grade dysplasia, to evaluate the prevalence and determinants of comorbid anal dysplasia and oncogenic human papillomavirus anal carriage.
This study began recruitment at the southern Tasmania site in May 2012. Recruitment at the northern Tasmania site is anticipated to start in December 2012.
- Associate Professor Penny Blomfield
- Professor Richard Turner (Honorary Member)
- Professor Alison Venn
- Dr Steve Simpson Jr. (Postdoctoral Research Associate)
- Dr Maree O'Sullivan - Queensland Health
- Dr Louise Owen - Department of Health & Human Services, Tasmania
- Associate Professor Sepehr Tabrizi - University of Melbourne