Data Linkage Symposium & Workshop 2023
Data Linkage – The future in Tasmania
A two day Symposium and Workshops
Monday 29 - Tuesday 30 May 2023
Please join us as we present an overview of Data Linkage and its future in the State of Tasmania in a half day Symposium followed by a series of workshops. The Symposium is to be opened by Professor Rufus Black, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Tasmania and hosted by Professor Tracey Dickson, Director of the Menzies Institute for Medical Research.
Keynote Speakers in the program include:
- Professor Graeme Zosky, Director, Tasmanian Data Linkage Unit
- Dr Sonĵ Hall, Deputy Secretary, Department of Health, Tasmania
- Mr Phil Edmondson, CEO, Primary Health Tasmania
- Dr Justin Thurley, Tasmanian Government Chief Information Officer
- Professor David Preen, Chair of Public Health, University of Western Australia and Data Linkage Educator
- Distinguised Professor Emerita Alison Venn, Epidemiologist
- Dr Barbara de Graaff, Senior Research Fellow
Following the symposium, the workshops will be facilitated by Dr Barbara de Graaff on the practical aspects of data linkage research and evaluation. The day and a half workshops commence after the Symposium (Monday 1.30pm), and conclude the following afternoon with a pitching session. All attendees will be invited to pitch a project with the opportunity to be awarded an in-kind grant funded by the TDLU of up to $5,000.
For all enquiries please contact the TDLU at firstname.lastname@example.org