The Tasmanian Cancer Registry (TCR) is responsible for collecting, collating and reporting incidence of all malignant neoplasms in Tasmanian residents. By law, cancer registration is required in all Australian States and Territories to assist State and National efforts to understand the causes of cancer, to plan health services and assist prevention efforts and treatment decisions.
The Tasmanian Cancer Registry is funded by the Department of Health and Human Services, Tasmania.
The Director of the Registry is Professor Alison Venn.
For further information contact:
Tasmanian Cancer Registry
Telephone: (03) 6226 7757
Fax: (03) 6226 7755
To assist in requests for cancer statistics, the annual statistical reports for the years 1995-2009 inclusive are available through the following links.
Cancer Survival and Prevalence Reports
Cancer in Tasmania Yearly Reports
- Incidence and Mortality 2009 [PDF 4MB]
- Incidence and Mortality 2009 - A Snapshot [PDF 563KB]
- Incidence and Mortality 2008 [PDF 2.72MB]
- Incidence and Mortality 2008 - A Snapshot [PDF 690KB]
- Incidence and Mortality 2007 [PDF 6MB]
- Incidence and Mortality 2006 [PDF 3 MB]
- Incidence and Mortality 2005 [PDF 3 MB]
- Incidence and Mortality 2004 [PDF 1.1 MB]
- Incidence and Mortality 2003 [PDF 1.1 MB]
- Incidence and Mortality 2002 [PDF 1.2 MB]
- Incidence and Mortality 2001 [PDF 3.3 MB]
- Incidence and Mortality 2000 [PDF 1 MB]
- Incidence and Mortality 1999 [PDF 2.3 MB]
- Incidence and Mortality 1998 [PDF 262K]
- Incidence and Mortality 1997 [PDF 237K]
- Incidence and Mortality 1996 [PDF 1.3 MB]
- Incidence and Mortality 1995 [PDF 1 MB]
Cancer in Tasmania 20-year Report
- Contents Page [PDF 18 KB]
- Part 1: Incidence and Mortality: 1980-1999 [PDF 2.1 MB]
- Part 2: Geographical Analysis [PDF 126 KB]
- Appendices [PDF 250 KB]
Click here for national cancer statistics published by the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare.
Data Release Policy
The data collected by the Tasmanian Cancer Registry are used by the Department of Health and Human Services and by national and international agencies reporting cancer statistics.
Identified data may be released to scientific researchers after approval of a formal application submitted to the Tasmanian Cancer Registry, the Human Research Ethics Committee (Tasmania) Network, the researcher's institutional ethics committee, and with subsequent approval by the Director of Public Health.
Non-identifying data are available on request. Data are supplied as tables or graphs of incidence and mortality and/or number of cases and deaths for specific years, age groups, regional areas or cancer subgroups. These requests come from researchers, medical practitioners, government departments, students and the community.
For information on the Human Research Ethics Committee (Tasmania) Network click here.